So this is what I was supposed to be posting today. But WordPress somehow deleted my post?!? Wtf.
Unfortunately the only place I wrote the recipe was in the draft blog post, so I guess we’ll never know just what made it so good. It was definitely a combination of sriracha, tomato passata and spices if you want to give it a shot – I’m too disheartened myself 😦
I thought I’d do a post anyway with some pictures of my meal prep from the weekend. On my Whole 30 I’ve been finding it so much easier when I have lots of food prepped for the week in my fridge, and it gives me more time during the week to study and, like, talk to people I suppose.
I always prep more than I need, and then freeze any leftovers towards the middle of the week when I can tell I’m not going to get through it all 😉
I also use lots of different recipes to ensure I don’t get bored of eating the same thing all week!
This week I bought:
- Beef mince.
- Chicken fillets.
- Coconut milk.
- Tomato passata.
- Carrots (two bags!).
- Fresh spinach.
- Fresh plum tomatoes.
And I already had:
- Leftover uncooked chicken thighs.
- Dried herbs & spices.
- Tinned pineapple (in juices only!).
- Frozen spinach.
So this week I prepped:
- Nom Nom Paleo’s Chili Lime Chicken Thighs. (Ya I know the recipe is chicken legs but all I had was thighs, k? Also I changed it to be low-fodmap and left out coconut aminos because they’re impossible to buy in Ireland unless you pay like €20 for a tiny bottle to be shipped from elsewhere. They can’t be that good.)
- Tunisian Meatballs (I left out any non-Whole 30 and high fodmap ingredients. Still good.).
- Mini burgers with the leftover mince.
- Pina Colada chicken.
- A tomatey-coconutty chicken curry with the rest of the chicken.
- Roasted carrots.
- Whole 30 Fish Pie (didn’t follow a recipe here – will share soon!).
- Spiced Carrot Soup (didn’t follow a recipe but also didn’t really note quantities – will try and do so and share some other time as it’s really delicious!).
- I also defrosted some chili for dinner on Sunday as I was starving and hadn’t started cooking any of the above yet! It’s been a great soup topping in the morning 🙂
It’s going to be a delicious week!