Here’s how things went this week. Warning: TMI content ahead
B – Courgette frittata (it’s finally finished!) with four meatballs and a tomato.
L – Roast chicken with roasted carrots, turnip, tomato and homemade sriracha.
D – Chili with salad and sautéed aubergine.
- I spent most of the day in the library, so this way of eating was great – it fuelled me up for hours and I didn’t have to worry about annoying my neighbours by eating snacks
B – Egg, spinach & coconut ‘pancakes’ with homemade sriracha.
L – Leftover roast chicken with salad and roast carrots and turnip.
D – Leftover chili with sautéed aubergine, tomato and spinach.
- Totes TMI but things are moving really slow right now – not sure what to do about this
- I sautéed the aubergine with a little fish sauce and it was truly amazing!
B – Egg & spinach ‘pancakes’ with two leftover meatballs and some tomato.
L – Leftover roast chicken with aubergine and carrots and turnip and tomato.
D – Roast beef with potatoes and salad.
- Still no movement, not feeling so good.
- Can’t wait to not have chicken for lunch tomorrow, getting a bit tired of it at this stage!
- Survived a trip to the cinema with no snacks or drinks while my boyfriend munched away on popcorn and slurped Coke beside me! So proud
B – Two egg & spinach ‘pancakes’ with leftover meatballs and tomato.
L – Leftover chili with sautéed spinach and tomato.
D – Homemade chicken ‘shawarma’ (i.e. followed a recipe leaving out everything non-compliant and high FODMAP) with spinach salad, ‘zhoug’ and cucumber and tomato salsa. DELICIOUS!
- Digestive system still not the best
- I have noticed that my cravings are almost gone though, exciting!
B – Two fried eggs with leftover chili and a tomato.
L – Leftovers from dinner and a banana.
D – Sea bass sautéed with red pepper and spinach, served with coconut lime sauce I made myself and puréed carrots. I also had a bit of smoked salmon with it. Had an orange as well #itsfriday
- Really proud today – I went to the supermarket and reeeally wanted to treat myself. So I did. With smoked salmon and coloured pens I didn’t even think about buying sweets at all – crazy.
B – Fried egg with smoked salmon, sautéed spinach and tomato.
L – Leftover sea bass with red pepper and spinach and coconut lime sauce, and puréed carrots.
D – The rest of the sea bass.
After dinner – Dinner was quite small so I’m not too stressed about this. Ate some of the food I was prepping for the next day – mini turkey burgers and roasted carrots. Also a tablespoon or two of coconut butter.
- I puréed about 6 carrots today and it’s all gone. I could eat that stuff forever.
- Trying to make sure I eat more fish and today was very successful in that regard!
- TMI but things are still real slow… Hoping this stage passes soon!
B – Baby potatoes (with coconut oil), smoked salmon, two mini turkey burgers (they’re tiny, like only a teeny bit bigger than a tablespoon), roast carrots and homemade mayonnaise.
L – Lunch was pretty soon after – I just had some more baby potatoes, two more mini turkey burgers and some tomato. Had a tablespoon or two of coconut butter again.
D – This was AMAZING. I found some reduced fresh salmon in the supermarket, so I sautéed that and served it with coconut curry sauce, roast carrots and sautéed kale.
After dinner – Again just had bits of the food I was prepping for the week as dinner was quite early – courgette soup (I love Melissa Joulwan ), pulled pork, chicken (again made to Melissa’s best chicken ever recipe – the brining makes such a big difference!) and chili (Civilised Caveman’s recipe – it’s a bit meh, much preferred Melissa’s chocolate chili recipe!).
- I’ve decided to quite coconut butter for the remainder of my Whole30. I was treating it too much like dessert and I think it’s been irritating my tummy (although coconut is fine on a low-FODMAP diet, too much (like half a cup) can contain an excessive amount of polyols. Boo.
- TMI news: Things are moving a bit better today and I’m feeling less bloated! Hurray
- I spent hours cooking today – lucky I love to cook as Whole30 is so labour intensive! I realise that I could do it in an easier way, and just cook plain foods without recipes but I don’t think I could stand the boredom unfortunately
Check out what the rest of the strange world of blogging is eating here!
Are you eating healthier this January?
Do you meal prep?