I don’t eat a paleo diet. I think it’s good for you and all, but I just couldn’t let go of my bowl of porridge in the morning! (Which I by the way think is good for me too, soluble fibre ftw 😀 )
However I do use paleo recipes quite often. Because to me eating healthy is all about eating whole, non-processed foods. Mostly plants. (Yes I am quoting Michael Pollan; read his books if you haven’t already!) And paleo recipes are all about that jazz.
That’s why I’m super excited for this paleo cookbook sale – 15 of the biggest paleo books (including The Ancestral Kitchen, The Paleo Kitchen, Beyond Bacon and the Primal Blueprint – crazy?!) for about a dollar! (The prices vary.) They’re practically giving them away!*
Back to the recipe. This chicken is super delicious, easy to throw together and it is coincidentally paleo too!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (bone-in works too, but it’ll be more messy to eat!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Half tablespoon rosemary
- Handful olives
- Lemon & lime slices
- Salt & pepper
1. Mix your olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and rosemary together in a cup.
2. Get your chicken onto a baking dish.
3. Pour the mixture from step 1 all over the chicken.
4. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Add the lemon and lime slices over the top, and a few olives as well.
6. Bake for about half an hour – keep an eye on it; this will depend on the size of the chicken thighs as well as your oven.
7. It really is as simple as that – enjoy!
Do you eat paleo?
Will you be availing of the paleo booksale either way? I know I will!