It’s Friday again! Where are the days going, can’t believe we’re so far into October already! 😮
This week’s recipe is super lazy. It’s a great one for when you’re hungover and you want pizza but you don’t want to leave the house and you spent too much money last night to afford delivery (we’ve all been there).
Here are some food-related links I enjoyed this week before the recipe:
IGE made some chicken piccata risotto with crispy capers. I could just eat risotto forever and this looks so good!
Does anyone else love Subway’s cookies? More specifically the white chocolate macadamia? Yeah I thought so, here’s a recipe!
Anne posted a great guide to eating mindfully and intuitively here.
Can you say Creamy Hatch Green Chile and Cheese Soup real fast? Me neither. But now we can make it at least!
This sounds and looks so beautiful: Warm sautéed grapes, autumn kale & edamame salad with shiso vinaigrette.
I love the segment on Jimmy Kimmel where he asks members of the public questions! This week he asks, what’s a GMO?:
And now the recipe…
Okay, so this recipe is super embarrassing because it’s not really a recipe. It’s more of a cure for pizza cravings when pizza is just out of reach for whatever reason!
- Wholewheat tortilla wrap, or whatever kind you have. You could even use pitta or baguette, whatever you have in the house!
- Tomato passata (you could used tinned chopped tomatoes or tomato paste if you’re stuck, or even Dolmio)
- Salt & pepper
- Whatever toppings you’d like; I went for feta, bacon and rocket.
- Spread some passata onto your wrap.
- Sprinkle your seasonings evenly on top – bitta oregano, salt and pepper.
- Arrange your cheese and toppings.
- Put the whole lot onto a skillet/pan and cook on a medium heat.
- You’ll want to be sure the cheese gets all melty, so either put a lid or a huge plate on top (leave room for the steam to scape), or else throw it all under the grill.
- Add rocket if you’re using it so it looks all fancy.
(Er, just kidding, please don’t tell any real Italians about this…)