Writing blog posts on an iPad mini is so hard you guys. 😦
(First world problems at their finest…)
This is a day late (and an hour shy of being two days late); I decided to wait until I had a new computer to finish writing it altogether. Sorry!
Anyway, here are some links I enjoyed that are about food and I’ll give you a lil recipe at the end. It’s a good one!
Every woman needs to read this. Can we all just agree to eat what we want and not judge others on their food choices plz? 😦
This is glorious looking.
I feel like I post an Iowa Girl Eats recipe every week, but for realz, look at this? Nom.
I’m have to apologise for the photography here. Sadly I have a new gas cooker and I still haven’t figured out the settings so pretty much everything gets overdone, shall we say… These were still really yummy though and didn’t taste burned at all!
- 1 banana
- 1 largeish egg
- 1 small tablespoon porridge oats
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil or other fat of choice
- Bacon (I used one rasher of hickory smoked bacon which was delish.)
- Peanut butter
- Other toppings of your choice, like Greek yoghurt, granola, fresh berries, etc.
- Mash the egg and banana together in a bowl with the porridge oats and the cinnamon and salt. I find the oats make the pancakes hold together a little easier and add texture too, but feel free to do without.
- Put a frying pan onto the cooker at a medium heat, and melt your coconut oil if that’s what you’re going for.
- Add your bacon to the pan and cook that to your liking.
- Next turn the heat down, and add your pancake mixture in whatever shape pancakes you’d like.
- Cook as you would normal pancakes. Turn them over when they seem solid enough to do so!
- When your little stack of pancakes are all done, layer them with the bacon and peanut butter and add whatever additional toppings you like.