NOTE: This is the deleted post! I figured out that it somehow made it onto Tumblr despite disappearing from the blog, so fingers crossed it’s stays on the blog now!
I have so many recipes saved up to post but I somehow never get around to it!
Finally I’ve taken the time to note this one down. It’s a great winter warmer that’s hot and spicy enough to keep your January healthy-eating interesting!
Paleo and Whole 30 compliant if this sriracha used; low FODMAP.
- 400 g diced chicken;
- 250 ml passata;
- Cup water;
- Handful basil;
- 2 tsp sriracha;
- 1 tsp chili flakes (add more if you like it hot);
- 1 tsp smoked paprika;
- Salt & pepper;
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Get your olive oil on the pan and when it’s moderately hot add your chicken in there.
- Once your chicken is looking golden brown on all sides, add the basil, chili flakes, smoked paprika and salt and (plenty of) pepper and stir it all up well. Add some more oil to the pan if you need to.
- At this point, add the passata, water and sriracha to the pan.
- Turn the heat up so that everything is bubbling nicely. Then turn the heat down low.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or so. If your pan has a lid it’s a great idea to put it on top. Personally I just use a large plate.
- It’s done! Taste it and add more chili, salt or pepper if you think it needs it.
- Serve with whatever you’d like – personally I’d go with serving it over a bed of spinach with roasted vegetables on the side. But if you’re not Whole30/Paleo, it would be great with some fluffy rice!
- Enjoy 🙂